The Bag Rockers
- 5 piece act consisting of 2 pipers, 2 female dancers and a rock guitarist with backing tracks
- Band consists of the former Red Hot Chilli Pipers frontman 'G Man' McPhie
Prices range from £1200
From Kiev to Kuala Lumpur, Bags of Rock have rocked major corporate events with their original take on the Scottish bagpipes. Forming in 2010 Bags of rock have already received praise from audiences and organizers alike playing major venues such as the SECC Clyde Auditorium, The Edinburgh Corn Exchange, Aberdeen AECC and their opening performance in July 2011 at the Rewind '80s festival in Scone Palace, Perth alongside Billy Ocean, Nik Kershaw, Human League, Go West, Tony Hadley and many more.
Bags of Rock is an exciting live experience featuring ex Red Hot Chilli Pipers frontman, guitarist Gregor 'G Man' McPhie together with two talented Grade One pipers and 2 acrobatic female dancers performed as part of the Dehli Commonwealth Games to a televised audience of 1 billion.
Their set includes traditional Scots classics as 'Scotland the Brave', 'Flower of Scotland' and '500 miles' plus rock classics like , 'Layla', 'We Will Rock You', 'Smoke on the Water' and bringing things right up to date by covering the likes of Franz Ferdinand and even Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance'.
Ideal for rocking corporate events, weddings and awards ceremonies as well as a whole host of other gala events with a set designed to entertain every age group.
For something a Wee Bit Different on your Special Day why not let Bags of Rock Wee Band take care of all your Wedding Entertainment!
- Two Grade One professional pipers, for all church or ceremony guest welcomes, top table pipe-ins and what ever else you would like.
- Radio mics for the use of those making speeches.
- A 30 minute rousing performance of Bags of Rock Wee Band to set off the reception on completion of the speeches.
- This can be either with or without our two female acrobatic dancers.
- And, for the remainder of the evening, your own bespoke disco with the G-Man as DJ... ( with your pre-selected or on the night choice of tunes, should you wish )
"Bags of Rock were absolutely fantastic!! Gregor was always pleasant and helpful to talk to before-hand and on the night.
The act was everything that I expected it to be and more. Our guests (Scottish and English) LOVED them too. They were entertaining in its truest sense. I think people thought that the two pipers, who came on first were ideal at an event in Scotland, then when the Guitar and dancers burst in they were amazed and delighted. Brilliant! Moving from genre to genre effortlessly and highly professionally. Everyone should book them as no event would be as good without them. They are highly charged, exciting and just fantastically entertaining."
Toni and Chris Rowe,
Edinburgh party, Aug 2013
"Obviously very talented musicians, great ambassadors for Scotland"
"Bags of Rock, i've got to say i've never seen a show like this in all
my life, sensational !"
Where are they based?
The band is based in Central Scotland, but will travel all over the UK and internationally as their act has broad appeal
Contact This Act
Check availability details & receive a free no-obligation quote directly from this Act... or simply ask any questions you might have...
Alternatively, send a single enquiry to multiple acts by adding this act to your shortlist before requesting a free quote...
This profile was compiled by +Freakster