The Numbers Racket are based in South Wales. They play frequently in Wales and The South West at Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol and other major towns and cities but can travel further if required.
The Numbers Racket is a fantastic jive and swing band playing good-time music from the 40s onwards. They are great at getting a crowd up and dancing and singing along with classics such as Reet Petite, Minnie The Moocher and Flip Flop and Fly. They also perform tunes by current artists such as Imelda May, Caro Emerald, Brian Setzer and more.
The Numbers Racket have been playing across the UK for over a decade and have a great deal of experience at entertaining audiences in a wide variety of situations and venues. They have played at the famous 100 Club in London, Cardiff Coal Exchange, Birmingham Jazz Festival, on BBC TV and many more high end gigs.
The Numbers Racket wear zoot suits, vintage ties and dress shoes as standard, but can dress casually if needed. They use only high quality equipment, provide a 600 watt PA (loud enough for most private functions or medium sized public ones), and use vintage style microphones to complete the image. Their PA can be used for playing background music or can be turned up to provide a disco. They also have a small scale lighting set up if required.
Please note we are unable to take bookings more than one year in advance.
"We wanted to thank you for a great couple of sets last Saturday. The dance floor was packed the whole way through and everyone had a great time. We really appreciate you being part of the weekend - you did a great job!"
-Claire and Robert Austin, Festival Organisers, Hep Cats Holiday.
“Hey guys. Thank you very much for the gig on Monday night, you were fantastic and completely made the night. Great music and a great atmosphere, would recommend you to anyone.”
-Tim Moody, Events Organiser, Cardiff University (student ball).
"An all-action R&B group with serious jazz credentials, ready wit and natty outfits."
-South Wales Argus.
"Thank you for doing a great job. I’ve had a lot of comments from people enjoying your work and you were a pleasure to work with and I’ll be happy to ask you back again in the future at the appropriate time."
-Brooke Garvey, The Swing Dance Company
"Just come back from Iford jazz festival 10 June. Thought you were excellent and would love for you to play at the evening reception of our wedding at the Roman Baths."
-Rosalyn Low, audience member at Iford Festival June 2011
“Just to say thanks so much for your show on Saturday ... you were fantastic … everyone said so and they did enjoy the dancing. Thanks for being so accommodating in doing extra numbers.”
-Jules Rutter, Manager, Cuffern Manor (regarding wedding performance).
"The best headline act we’ve ever had at our festival. Brilliant."
-Blues Oan Daa Stoazze Festival, Hamme, Belgium.
"We love this band. They played at our wedding and did a fabulous job. We enjoyed them so much that they played a year later at my brother's wedding."
-Nikki Miles, Bride, 2009
Classic Swing, Jump-Jive and Jazz Songs from the 30s onwards:
1. Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens – Louis Jordan
2. Big 10 Inch Record – Bull Moose Jackson, Aerosmith
3. Buona Sera – Louis Prima
4. Cadillac Baby – Roy Brown
5. Caldonia – Louis Jordan
6. Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend – Marilyn Monroe
7. Fever – Peggy Lee
8. Fine and Mellow – Billie Holiday
9. Flip, Flop & Fly – Louis Jordan
10. Gee I Wish – Little Milton
11. Good Rockin’ Daddy – Etta James
12. Hit That Jive Jack – Nat King Cole
13. Inside Out – Imelda May
14. I Can’t Stop It – Jimmy Liggins
15. I Don’t Care Who Knows – Willie Dixon
16. I Still Love You Baby – Lowell Fulson
17. Is You Is Or Is You Ain’t My Baby – Louis Jordan
18. It Don’t Mean A Thing If It Ain’t Got That Swing – Duke Ellington
19. I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Cole Porter
20. Juice Head Man – Billie Holiday
21. Jump Jive And Wail – Louis Prima
22. Jumpin’ From Six To Six – Jimmy Wilson, Al Barkle etc
23. Let The Good Times Roll – Ray Charles
24. Lost Without You – Memphis Slim
25. Mellow Saxophone – Brian Setzer, Roy Montrell
26. Midnight Cannonball – Big Joe Turner, George Melly
27. Minnie The Moocher – Cab Calloway
28. Moten Swing – Benny Moten
29. My Baby Just Cares For Me – Nina Simone
30. Nitelife Boogie – Jimmy Liggins
31. No Big Deal – Little Milton
32. Pennsylvania 65000 – Glenn Miller
33. Perdido – Duke Ellington
34. Reet Petite – Jackie Wilson
35. Rip It Up – Little Richard
36. Roll Mr. Jelly – Amos Milburn
37. Route 66 – Nat King Cole
38. Safronia B – Manhattan Transfer, Calvin Boze
39. Salt Peanuts – Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie
40. Shaking All Over – Johnny Kidd and The Pirates/Wanda Jackson
41. Sick & Tired – Fats Domino, Chris Kenner
42. Something’s Goin’ On In My Room – Daddy Cleanhead
43. Stormy Weather – Ella Fitzgerald
44. Take It Like A Man – Chuck Willis
45. The Walkin’ Blues – Fluffy Hunter, The Jesse Powell Orchestra
46. Three Hundred Lbs – Howlin’ Wolf
47. Tuxedo Junction – Ella Fitzgerald
48. Yeah Yeah Yeah – Louis Prima
49. You Got Me Reelin and Rockin – Roy Milton
50. You’re Driving Me Crazy – Big Joe Turner
Newer swing, jazz and blues songs from the 1980s onwards:
1. Barflies At The Beach/Sing Sing Sing – Royal Crown Revue/Louis Prima
2. Big Bad Handsome Man – Imelda May
3. Brown Derby Jump – The Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
4. Buckle Up – Dennis Greunling
5. Comin’ Back Home - Dennis Greunling
6. Datin’ With No Dough – Royal Crown Revue
7. Ding Dong Daddy – The Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
8. Dr. Velvet – Nick Curran
9. Go Daddy-O – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
10. If The Shoe Fits – James Harman
11. Inside Out – Imelda May
12. Jump Time - Dennis Greunling
13. Jumpin’ Jack – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
14. Keep It Up - Dennis Greunling
15. King Of Swing – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
16. Knockin’ At Your Door – The New Morty Show
17. Liquor Store – Devil Doll
18. Looking For My Baby - Original
19. Loose Lipped Mama – Nick Curran
20. Love That Man – Caro Emerald
21. Mambo Swing – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
22. Mr Zoot Suit – The Flying Neutrinos
23. Mud On Her Heels - Original
24. Rocket To The Moon – Colin James
25. Rockin’ With The Racket - Original
26. Sinner V.I.P. – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
27. Swingin’ Like A Wreckin’ Ball - Original
28. Watts Local – Royal Crown Revue
29. You, Me And A Bottle Makes Three – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Novelties and surprises:
1. Crazy In Love (Swing Version) - Beyonce
2. Enter Sandman – Metallica (swing style)
3. Pick Up The Pieces – The Average White Band
4. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
5. The Ace Of Spades – Motorhead
6. Theme From “Hawaii Five-0”