Edinburgh / UK region
Novatown is a collective of Bossa Nova musicians in Edinburgh. The style of the band is heavily influenced by Brazilian and Latin American music. The phrase bossa nova means literally "new trend" or "new wave" and we bring a lyrical fusion of samba and jazz. The band is made up of young musicians and students who first got together to bring our love of Bossa to the Edinburgh scene and it was at the 2019 Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival that Novatown was born. The collective performs in ensembles of anything between 3 to 10 pieces. They look to bring our music as a refresh of the classic Bossa sound into the UK scene.
Scroll to view set list
1. Mas Que Nada - Jorge Ben arr. Sergio Mendes
2. Girl from Ipanema - Antonio Carlos Jobim
3. Corcovado - Antonio Carlos Jobim
4. Agua de Beber - Antonio Carlos Jobim
5. Spain - Chick Corea
6. Triste - Antonio Carlos Jobim.
7. Wave - Antonio Carlos Jobim
8. Chega de Saudade - Antonio Carlos Jobim
9. Black Orpheus - Luiz Bonfa
10. Batida Differente - Mauricio Einhorn
11. Armando's Rhumba - Chick Corea
12. So Danca Samba - Antonio Carlos Jobim
This act's standard set times are as follows: